Mobile technology is changing the way many companies do business. With mobile technology, not only do your employees have greater access to your IT components, but your customers also have easier access to your online presence as well as numerous tools to improve their experience with your company.
One of the big game changers has been the creation of applications or “apps,” which are programs available on a mobile device. Some apps help with access, some with productivity, and others with finances. It’s useful to know what types of apps are available to help your employees run your business and help you customers access your business.
There are a lot of sources on the best apps for your small business, but here are a few of our favorites.
1. QuickBooks Premier Edition 2013. QuickBooks is a small business accounting App that can integrate all of your different financials into one location. While not allowing you all the features of the QuickBooks desktop software, the App is a great starting point for businesses that are still small and/or uncomplicated. While Quickbooks can be a little pricey at around $400, it can also help you save money through your budgeting.
2. Evernote. Unlike the Quickbooks app, Evernote is free, and a great way to keep track of your notes, task lists, and meetings. If time is money, Evernote is a big money saver, as it helps you stay organized. It also automatically syncs to your cloud drive.
3. Adobe Acrobat XI. An App geared towards increasing productivity, Adobe Acrobat remains one of the best PDF applications that you can use in your business. This version allows you to electronically sign documents via your smartphone and tablet, helping you take all aspects of your business on the road.
4. Square. Square allows anyone with a smartphone or tablet to accept credit card payments, and there’s no monthly fees. The service simply takes 2.75 percent of the transaction fee. For small business that can’t afford the equipment, this app is a great way to conduct business on the go.
5. Skydrive. Skydrive is a cloud service that allows you to upload and share files and documents. You can use Skydrive in the place of a company email as well, since you can simply upload any documents that need to be shared. And the good news is the basic 5 gb account is free.
These are just 5 of the numerous Apps available for your mobile device. It is important that as you integrate Apps into your small business that you take stock of what you need as well as what is available. This way you will make smart choices on the Apps that you purchase, helping your business reach new heights.