Support and Escalation Specialist
Reports To: Service Manager
As a Support and Escalation Specialist, your role is to support and manage escalations and small projects of the Managed Services Department, prior to handing them off to Professional Services, while working with and maintaining the relationships between departments and servicing the needs of clients. You must have strong technical aptitudes, backed by at least 5 years of extensive in-the- trenches experience. You must be a people person and a powerful communicator who can manage difficult and complex client/inter-departmental situations that need strong guidance and resolution. You should be able to execute with a high degree of success in integrating and/or solving problems in environments rich in Microsoft Server, Exchange, SQL, IIS, Cisco Internetworking, VPNs, firewalls, and backups.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports and provides feedback for all TC1, TC2 and STC technical related questions for clients and the i.t.NOW internal toolset.
- Handles all ticket escalations from STC’s.
- Provides technicians direct feedback after ticket resolution.
- Works with the project team (Professional Services) to determine the appropriate escalation point for Managed Services escalations.
- Is the single point of contact for project team escalations. And as such is the liaison between Professional Services and Managed Services.
- Reviews all small projects based on client and technician requests.
- Researches and communicates new solutions based on client needs / requests.
- Determines ways to drive client profitability.
- Analyzes client issues through root-cause analysis and problem management as it relates to client profitability and recurring issues.
- Verifies all “Preprocess – needs project review” statuses to determine if the issue belongs to Managed Services or post project team support.
- Creates efficiencies for i.t.NOW’s internal toolset (i.e. LabTech scripting and automation).
- Participates in the process improvement meetings.
- Performs all the responsibilities of a Senior Technical Engineer.
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
- Help train and give guidance to other i.t.NOW employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working Knowledge of Non Cisco Firewall Technologies – SonicWALL, Linksys, NetGear
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
Credentials and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience – Active Directory Support, Microsoft Windows and Windows Server Support, Microsoft Exchange Support
- Minimum 5 years’ experience – Cisco Switching/VLAN/Routing/Firewalling Support
- Minimum 5 years’ experience – Server Hardware Technologies (CPU/RAID/SCSI) Support
- Minimum 5 years’ experience – Data Backup and Recovery Support, Corporate Antivirus Support, VPN Connectivity Support
- Have multiple certifications, high skill level. The following certifications are preferred: MCSA/MCITP, CCNA/CCDA/CCVP/CCIE, VCP, Project+, Network+
- Member of a project team that creates and execute project work plans, and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Completes projects within established budget and timeline
- Works closely with Project Manager to ensure timely delivery and accuracy of open projects
- Work with project team to handle projects from start to finish, including on-sites as necessary
- Maintain an awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application in client’s environment.
- Foster healthy and happy relationships between i.t.NOW and clients
- Create, maintain documentation (OneNote)
- Create, maintain client configs, Visio docs, supporting information to account techs
- Support internally managed applications (e.g. monitoring tools)
- Analyze and document business processes and problems. Work with service manager to develop solutions to enhance efficiencies.
- Perform audits (audits of the client audits)
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of project management course
- 10 years in related field
- 3 years previous experience with i.t.NOW or similar MSP-like environment working within multiple technical areas, including bench, alerts, helpdesk, subject matter expert, backups
The job description outlined above reflects general details as necessary to describe the primary functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, but should not be construed as an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may be asked to perform duties other than those mentioned above in order to cover absences or relief in the appropriate department to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.