It’s hard to know whether your IT team is managing everything they should be. You’re not technical, so how would you know what’s happening behind the scenes? This quick “review” will help you identify whether your IT Provider is staying on top of the technology at your organization.
1. Our backup system has an onsite and offsite backup
2. Our last backup test was less than 3 months ago
3. There are only 2 domain admin accounts (us and you)
4. Our network switches and access points can be managed remotely
5. Our firewall has active security services (if applicable)
6. Our guest Wi-Fi is segmented from our private network
7. We have MFA set up on all Microsoft 365 accounts
8. We have a defined employee onboarding and offboarding checklist
9. All managed devices have an anti-virus installed
10. All managed devices have a Managed Detection and Response (MDR) installed
11. We have a spam filtering that will block or alert users if an email is a potential spoofing attempt (impersonating an executive or user)
A few things: this is a brief review. There’s much more that we can help with, but this is a great starting point. Even if these items are not all in place, it does not necessarily mean your IT Provider dropped the ball. They may have recommended each of these to you in your Quarterly Business Reviews. If so, take their recommendations! If not, reach out. You may need a more engaged IT Partner.